Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Decorating On A Budget

I adore all things Pottery Barn.  Especially this little Daisy lamp shade that would go perfectly in my girls' room.  I didn't adore the $100 price tag.  Yes.  Each shade - just shade- costs $100.  Gag!

So I had to get creative. 

I got two of these super cute blue lamp bases from Pottery Barn Teen for just $20 each on clearance. 

I had two small lamp shade that I got for $4 at a Lowe's clearance sale last summer that I saved specifically for this project.  They were a little dirty and the colors didn't match.

Then I got some daisy sprays at Michael's on sale with an extra 15% off.

Then me and my trusty glue gun got to work.

I think it turned out adorable!  Not exactly the same as the Pottery Barn one, but still very cute!  And this entire lamp only cost me $31!  That's a big difference from a nearly $200 lamp and shade!

0 comments: